We offer computer clubs where you can enhance your knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products or learn how to get the most from your computer. Each club has different prerequisites for computer skills that are listed in the summaries of each club below.
The membership is yearly and starts in January. Registration has started. Each Club meets monthly on its designated day of the month and time. If there are vacancies or openings in any club, you are welcome to join in mid-year. For additional information, please call the office at 451-4611.
The following computer clubs are slated for 2011:
* Enrollment in all clubs is limited to available space.
This club is for intermediate students who already know about emailing and the internet. Each monthly meeting will address a variety of topics.
Chuck Welty and Steve Davol
- Meets once a month on the third Tuesday at 9:30 am.
- Each monthly meeting features one or more subjects, designed to make your computing experience more enjoyable and productive. The more you know about your computer and applications, the more you will get out of them. The topics will vary, based on input from students to the instructors.
- This is an extension of the similarly-named seminars that were started in 2010. Topics in 2010 included Cyber-Security, Downloading, and a review of email programs.
Basic computer skills on the keyboard. Know how to open and close programs as well as the save function. You should have a basic understanding of some photo terms and file formats, like .jpeg
- Meets once a month on the third Monday at 9:30 am
- Learn the main features and functions of the various applications in the Microsoft ® Office 2007 Suite
- Time will be allocated to applications in accordance with the interest of members; i.e., if no club member is interested in Access, it will not be covered.
- Open Office ®, the open-sourced free set of office applications will also be covered, as member interest allows