This course includes .
Fridays, June 7, 14, 21 and 28, 2013
9:30 am to noon
Four 2 ½ hour sessions
(Previously offered in February and April 2013)
- This course is for people who have very limited knowledge about a computer or who might be interested in purchasing one.
- This course offers participants hands-on training using the keyboard and mouse.
- Fun learning activities will help participants gain the skills needed to take other courses and seminars.
- No previous computer experience is necessary.
- It will prepare students to become comfortable working in the Windows environment and sharpen their mouse skills.
- This course, or equivalent knowledge, is a prerequisite for enrolling in the computer courses.
Lesson One: Windows Basics and Mouse Skills
Become familiar with computer hardware; start and shut down Windows; control the size and visibility of a window; operate and personalize the mouse; Use buttons, radio buttons and check boxes.
Lesson Two: Mouse Proficiency
Starting and closing the Works program; opening documents, and learning basic skills used in word processing by use of specialized exercises.
Lesson Three: More Mouse Skills and Paint
Start the Paint program; use Paint tools to practice using the mouse; copy and paste letters; save a document; Print a document.
Lesson Four: The Keyboard and Word Processing
Become familiar with the keyboard; use more word processing features; become familiar with processing and editing text.