Microsoft® Office Excel Course
This 4-week course is no longer offered and has been split into two 2-week Seminars: Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Office Excel Advanced.
Basic knowledge of Windows, the keyboard and mouse and basic typing skills.
$60 for four sessions
This is a course in Microsoft Office Excel. It will cover the basics and beyond of using Excel as spreadsheets and databases for home and business applications. Note: We sometimes offer two-session seminars: Excel Seminar and Excel Advanced Seminar.
Student manuals and practice files will be provided. This course is a combination of lecture and student hands-on PC training. This is NOT a beginner's class on the basics of the computer.
- What is a workbook and a spreadsheet
- How to set the default options of a spreadsheet
- How to create,use, navigate and save spreadsheets and workbooks
- How to use "Help"
- Understand absolute and relative cell references
- How to format and size spreadsheet cells, rows and columns
- How to format data in cells, rows and columns
- How to create basic formulas
- How to move, copy and replicate data
- How to create and use Excel Templates
- How to print a spreadsheet
Second Session :
- Understand a relational database versus a flat database
- Create and use a flat database in a spreadsheet
- Import and export data
- Insert hyperlinks, graphics & pictures into a spreadsheet
- Create graphs and charts
- Create and use macros
- Create a Web site page from a spreadsheet
- More graphs and charts experiences
- Introduction to cell(s) reference naming
- Difference between relative and absolute cell references
- Show how to cross-reference cells from one spreadsheet to another within a workbook
- Show how to cross-reference cells from two different workbooks
- Additional uses of templates both built in and online
- Using more complex formulas
- How to create and use Pivot Tables to extract information from an Excel database
- Learn to sort and filter a database spreadsheet
- Create a drop down list for data entry and data validation for a spreadsheet
- Use the data entry Excel form
- Learn to split, hide, and freeze a spreadsheets
- Create and print a professional looking report from a spreadsheet
- Demonstrate creating a visual basic customized form for data entry