Do It Yourself Tech Support (2 hours)
Basic/Intermediate knowledge of PC and Microsoft Windows.
This seminar is, for the most part, lecture with some "hands on" instruction.
Take a look under the hood of a computer while the instructor points out key components. Learn when starting in Safe Mode makes sense and how to make Google work for you in solving simple computer errors. Where to find free Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, and utility programs."
Material covered is the threat from viruses and intruders, and the defenses that the user may take to immunize these dangers. Also presented are recommended maintenance steps that every PC user should perform in order to keep his or her machine operating at its peak performance.
- Understand the threat of viruses
- Starting in Safe Mode
- Understand how hackers can penetrate your PC
- Simple computer error messages and what they mean
- Understand the importance of firewalls and routers
- Understand disk defrag
- Learn how to use Disk Scan
- Learn how to use Windows Updates and their importance