Microsoft® Office Excel Seminar
Tuesdays, March 12 and 19, 2013
1:00 to 3:00 pm
Two two-hour sessions
$40 for a two-session seminar
Basic knowledge of Windows, the keyboard and mouse and basic typing skills.
This is an introduction course in the Microsoft Office Excel spreadsheet software. In the first session, the student will learn the basic ways to create and use spreadsheets and workbooks. In the second session, the student will continue to learn more about the functions and features of a spreadsheet and begin using the power of a spreadsheet.
Student manuals and practice files will be provided. This seminar is a combination of lecture and student hands-on PC training. This is NOT a beginner's class on the basics of the computer.You might also be interested in the Microsoft Office Advanced Seminar.
- What is a workbook and a spreadsheet
- How to set the default options of a spreadsheet
- How to create,use, navigate and save spreadsheets and workbooks
- How to use "Help"
- Understand absolute and relative cell references
- How to format and size spreadsheet cells, rows and columns
- How to format data in cells, rows and columns
- How to create basic formulas
- How to move, copy and replicate data
- How to create and use Excel Templates
- How to print a spreadsheet
For the second class meeting:
- Understand a relational database versus a flat database
- Create and use a flat database in a spreadsheet
- Import and export data
- Insert hyperlinks, graphics & pictures into a spreadsheet
- Create graphs and charts
- Create and use macros
- Create a Web site page from a spreadsheet