Organizing Your Photos
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
9:30 am to noon (2 ½ hours)
Beginner with knowledge of right and left clicking, ability to follow instructions for making folders. Flash drive for take home resources.
Can you find your photos in a timely fashion if at all?! We will talk about folder structure and practice a few basic structures that I find most useful in organizing the thousands of my photos. We will use free programs that do a very nice job in retrieving and storing. We will also talk about move, versus copy, external hard drives for archiving, and online or cloud storage. This is not a glamorous topic but one that is the most useful to you as a photographer and saver of photos from emails.
This will be hands-on and it will be necessary to bring a flash drive to take home your folder structure after you have built it.
- Create a file system to contain photos in organized folders
- Move and keep photos organized by date, name or location
- Keep track of information about photos
- View the photos in logical folders
- Make contact sheets of photos for each folder
- Review ways to back up your photos